This is the Windows app named Web Application Protection whose latest release can be downloaded as wap-2.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Web Application Protection with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Web Application Protection
WAP automatic detects and corrects input validation vulnerabilities in web applications written in PHP Language (version 4.0 or higher) and with a low rate of false positives.
WAP detects the following vulnerabilities:
- SQL injection using MySQL, PostgreSQL and DB2 DBMS
- Reflected cross-site scripting (XSS)
- Stored XSS
- Remote file inclusion
- Local file inclusion
- Directory traversal
- Source code disclosure
- OS command injection
- PHP code injection
WAP is a static analysis tool that performs taint analysis to detect vulnerabilities, tracking malicious users inputs and checking if they reach calls of sensitive functions. It has a low rate of false positives because has implemented a data mining module to predict false positives when detects vulnerabilities.
The output of the tool is:
- shows the vulnerabilities found and how they are corrected
- new files with the corrections
- Web application
- Automatic correction
Developers, Testers, Security Professionals
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/awap/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.