This is the Windows app named Web Contact Manager whose latest release can be downloaded as wcm.1.5.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Web Contact Manager with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Web Contact Manager
Web Contact Manager (WCM) manages contacts, maps, imports and exports to Microsoft Outlook® and Excel®. WCM supports multiple users, with permissions and has a research component to assist in tracking down lost friends. It's based on PHP and mySQL. Recent updates focused on newer versions of PHP and transitioning to mysqli.
v1.5.0 New feature is the addition of a simple Events planner. Along with this some improvements to Importing contacts, from either vCard or Excel. Other minor code cleanup, including improved help information.
v1.4.1 Improvements to mobile device support, search, map updates on address changes, and picture manipulation. Defect corrections to menu system, db interface and for improved security.
v1.3.2 Updates for PHP and MySQL were the focus of this update.
- Maintains personal and business contact information for individuals
- Integrated photo manager supports a few pictures of each contact
- Google Map individual addresses, as well as overview of all contacts
- Calendar view of birthdays and anniversaries
- Export to Excel (xls files) for reporting
- Import from Excel compatible (csv files) for easy mass updating
- Easy migration into Outlook Contacts
- Generate various PDF Photo Directory's (uses mPDF)
- Optional birthday and anniversary reminder emails
- Search assistant helps track down misplaced friends and contacts
- Designed to support multi-language interface
- Export individuals in vCard format
Advanced End Users
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/webcontactmanag/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.