This is the Windows app named WIKINDX whose latest release can be downloaded as wikindx_6.7.2.tar.bz2. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named WIKINDX with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Reference management, bibliography management, citations and a whole lot more.
Designed by academics for academics, under continuous development since 2003, and used by both individuals and major research institutions worldwide, WIKINDX is a Virtual Research Environment (an enhanced on-line bibliography manager) storing searchable references, notes, files, citations, ideas, and more. An integrated WYSIWYG word processor exports formatted articles to RTF and HTML.
Plugins include a citation style editor and import/export of bibliographies (BibTeX, Endnote, RIS etc.). WIKINDX supports multiple attachments with each reference, multiple language localizations, and uses a template system to allow users to visually integrate WIKINDX into their sites.
WIKINDX runs on a web server giving you and your research group ownership and global access from any web-enabled device. You manage your database, you own your data.
WIKINDX can be test-driven at: https://testdrive.wikindx.com
- Import/export from other bibliographic systems
- WYSIWYG word processor with full citation formatting options (author-date, footnotes, endnotes)—export to RTF and HTML
- Save quotes, paraphrases, ideas etc. like index cards and search through them
- Single or multi-user options
- Comprehensive and flexible search (inc. full-text search on PDF and DOC attachments)
- Integrate into a range of LMS/CMS such as Moodle, mediawiki etc.
- Run with MySQL/PHP on any major OS (web server or standalone computer)
- Access your bibliographies from any networked computer
- Store unlimited numbers of files with each bibliographic entry
- You own your bibliographies (no disasters due to centralized servers -- companies closing down etc., less risk of spam etc.)
- And many, many more. . .
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/wikindx/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.