This is the Windows app named Win flex-bison whose latest release can be downloaded as win_flex_bison-latest.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Win flex-bison with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Win flex-bison is a windows port the Flex (the fast lexical analyser) and Bison (GNU parser generator). win_flex based on Flex version 2.6.3 source code and win_bison based on Bison version 2.7 and they depend on system libraries only.
Git repository: https://github.com/lexxmark/winflexbison
UPDATE1: Bison version 3.x.x available in Files section in win_flex_bison3-latest.zip package.
UPDATE2: Now "winflexbison" available as package in Chocolatey (https://chocolatey.org/packages/winflexbison and https://chocolatey.org/packages/winflexbison3)
UPDATE3: You can use VS custom build rules to simplify working with winflexbison in Visual Studio 2010 and upper (https://sourceforge.net/p/winflexbison/wiki/Visual%20Studio%20custom%20build%20rules/).
Information Technology, Science/Research
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/winflexbison/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.