This is the Windows app named Windows 8 Start Menu Application whose latest release can be downloaded as W8SM-1.5-rc2-64_32bit.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Windows 8 Start Menu Application with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Windows 8 Start Menu Application
Windows 8 Start menu [W8SM] application allows the user to quickly bring back start menu features for windows 8. With W8SM, you can have both a start menu, and leverage pinned applications via metro at the same time.
- Bring back the start menu via Windows 8 in a new way
- Custom start menu sizing options
- Leverage run prompt with one click
- Fully customizable start menu
- Leverage both classic start menu look and feel all while keeping metro running
- Administrative features
- Advanced User features
- Easy to use, just download > extract > double click on W8SM.exe to run
Advanced End Users, System Administrators, End Users/Desktop
.NET/Mono, Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/w8-start-menu/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.