This is the Windows app named XCTruck3D _Truck to run in Windows online over Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as xctruck3d_truckB.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named XCTruck3D _Truck to run in Windows online over Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
XCTruck3D _Truck to run in Windows online over Linux online
DESCRIPTION:A truck/car simulator,with realistic physics and oldstyle graphics: it displays pixels through the SDL graphics routines, or the X11 if using that version (has some issues:so use the SDL ver).While the 3D graphics is done by the program itself without external libraries.The environment is a hilly terrain:total freedom to drive around.A remake of the classic "Terep 2". Written in the C programming language: although the code is 30 pages long, it's simple. Trailer can be detouched pressming 'l' (minuscle ELL) so to drive a normal car. There's an OpenGL version too: see the CTruck3D _Open,and an ASCII-Art ver (Term_ CTruck3D). This is also a good dydactical software: code is easy to undersand,and drawing procedures and physics sim procedure are written from 0 so it's clearly understandable how a complete 3D game is done in C, starting from a blank page of any plain text editor.Only basic knowledge of C was used. VID:
Lagrande_Rally_3D is an evolution of this
- realistic physics: moreover impemented internally, without external libraries
- very simple C SourceCode
- graphics written from 0, thought enough elaborate and nice. Thanks to this fact, it has an ASCII -Art version: check the term_CTruck3D project for that version.
- uses only 1 system-dependent library: Xlib.h , so it's very simple approach
- compiles very easily for any POSIX-compliant operating system
- well-documented functioning: it's itself also a dydactic software
- Linux-only (but soon an SDL-graphics Windows ver is coming) so it all fits into a much clearer landscape. Terminal--> gcc prog.c -lX11 --> play
- car can take damage without particular limits, and it looks also quite natural: it works only if trailer is detouched
- has an OpenGL version (name: "CTruck3D _Open"), which runs better and is overall better , moreover runs also in Windows
- it loads at sturtup a 300x300 heightmap from a BITMAP image file, and a colormap too.
- A negative feature of this version in contrasto to the OpenGL version is the absence of particles / smoke when the car slips or hits the ground with its chassis: this feature may be implemented later.
Information Technology, Education, End Users/Desktop, Other Audience, Automotive
X Window System (X11), SDL
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/ctruck3dtruck/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.