This is the Windows app named XLogo4Schools whose latest release can be downloaded as XLogo4Schools-0.9.07.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named XLogo4Schools with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
A Logo interpreter and programming environment specialized for schools.
It is a revised version of XLogo, published on http://xlogo.tuxfamily.org/.
The Logo dialect is almost the same as Xlogo's, but some Logo commands were reimplemented to fit with the new programming environment and workspace. Some commands which were buggy in the original XLogo have been fixed. The interpreter works now more efficient due to the usage of more suitable data structures. The output of turtle graphics is now smoother and more appealing due to different rendering settings.
Various features have been added to support better user experience and satisfaction in schools.
The new GUI parts are available in
If you would like to make the application available in your language and if you would like to contribute, please contact us.
* * * * * * * * * * * News * * * * * * * * * *
The X4S Manual is now available on the files page.
- Have multiple workspaces (a class room...)
- Of which each can contain multiple users or projects
- Which all have common settings and will be managed in the same directory
- Optionally, workspace management and settings access can be password protected
- Each user space or project can have multiple files which are visible to its owner
- Automatically recognize external drives (USB sticks) for easy workspace creation.
- It is possible to Search Procedures by name among the files
- All changes to Logo source files or settings are automatically saved
- The Contest/Record Mode allows to track the programmer's behavior. Intended for research purposes, and also to simplify conducting programming contests in schools.
- More accurate error messages
- Change speed of the turtle using the slider on the main window as your program is being interpreted. Allows to observe critical parts of your turtle graphic programs even better.
Science/Research, Education, Developers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/xlogo4schools/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.