This is the Windows app named xLUA whose latest release can be downloaded as Tag_v2.1.16_newest_luajit.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named xLUA with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
xLua adds Lua script programming capabilities to C# environments such as Unity, .Net, Mono, etc. With xLua, these Lua codes can be easily called with C#. xLua has many breakthroughs in function, performance, and ease of use. The most representative of these aspects are C# implementation (methods, operators, attributes, events, etc.) can be replaced with Lua implementation at runtime; excellent GC optimization, custom struct, enumeration transfer between Lua and C# without C# gc alloc; and there is no need to generate code under the editor, and the development is lighter. Open the zip package, and you will see an Assets directory, which corresponds to the Assets directory of the Unity project. Keep this directory structure and put it in your Unity project. A complete example only requires 3 lines of code. It is recommended to bind once and reuse it. If the code is generated, calling max will not generate gc alloc.
- The intrusiveness is small, and the original code of the old project can be used without any adjustment
- The impact is small when running, and it is basically the same as the original program without patching
- If there is a problem, you can use Lua to patch, then you will go to the Lua code logic
- C# implementation (methods, operators, attributes, events, etc.) can be replaced with Lua implementation at runtime
- Excellent GC optimization, custom struct, enumeration transfer between Lua and C# without C# gc alloc
- There is no need to generate code under the editor, and the development is lighter
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/xlua.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.