This is the Windows app named yaetv whose latest release can be downloaded as yaetv-git.replay.20210907.191908.a7ebf00-OSX-10.12-x86_64.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named yaetv with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
This program works with HDHomeRun tuners only. Just tell it where to store the recordings, and it will automatically scan for available channels, and update the Program Guide -- without any paid TV Guide subscription.
You can schedule (repeated) recording by title, by channel + time slot, watch live, pause, etc... When the storage drive fills up yaetv automatically deletes oldest recording(s) to make room for the latest recording.
I wrote this program for myself, as a replacement for Eye TV. If you have an HDHomeRun tuner you could use it as well.
- The tuner must be discoverable (not blocked by the firewall), it must be able to connect to UDP port 65001.
- Linux binaries are not provided, build from source https://github.com/pkoshevoy/aeyae, latest version is on the `replay` branch
- First channel scan can take ~20min
- Double-click mostly toggles full screen
- Double-click on the channel tile to watch it live
- Click on circle to toggle recording manually
- Video Player
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/yaetv/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.