This is the Windows app named Yahoo! Finance market data downloader whose latest release can be downloaded as 0.1.66.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Yahoo! Finance market data downloader with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Yahoo! Finance market data downloader
Ever since Yahoo! finance decommissioned their historical data API, many programs that relied on it to stop working. yfinance aims to solve this problem by offering a reliable, threaded, and Pythonic way to download historical market data from Yahoo! finance. yfinance aimed to offer a temporary fix to the problem by scraping the data from Yahoo! Finance and returning a the data in the same format as pandas_datareader's get_data_yahoo(), thus keeping the code changes in existing software to a minimum. The latest version of yfinance is a complete re-write of the libray, offering a reliable method of downloading historical market data from Yahoo! Finance, up to 1 minute granularity, with a more Pythonic way. The Ticker() module allows you get market and metadata for security, using a Pythonic way.
- Valid periods are 1d, 5d, 1mo, 3mo, 6mo, 1y, 2y, 5y, 10y, ytd, max
- Adjust all OHLC automatically
- Download stock dividends and stock splits events
- You can also download data for multiple tickers at once
- yfinance is distributed under the Apache Software License
- Fetch data for multiple tickers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/yahoo-finance-market.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.