This is the Windows app named YouTube-DL-PyTK whose latest release can be downloaded as YouTube-DL-PyTK_21.12.31_win64.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named YouTube-DL-PyTK with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
YouTube-DL-PyTK (formerly known as YouTube-DL-GTK) is just a graphical launcher for the popular youtube downloader youtube-dl . Its purpose is simple; to facilitate the downloading of non-copyright-protected videos from certain internet websites including YouTube.
It is written in Python, so it should run on Windows and Linux systems alike. I don't have access to an Apple computer to test it on OSX, but it might also work on that platform. Source code is included.
My public key for verifying signed packages/files is at:
If you'd like to donate there's several ways to do so:
Bitcoin (BTC): bc1q86c5j7wvf6cw78tf8x3szxy5gnxg4gj8mw4sy2
Monero (XMR): 42ho3m9tJsobZwQDsFTk92ENdWAYk2zL8Qp42m7pKmfWE7jzei7Fwrs87MMXUTCVifjZZiStt3E7c5tmYa9qNxAf3MbY7rD
Basic Attention Token (BAT): 0x523eC9d30FeA66EC26eDDDe5c7c2A49CBA961ef7
- Download videos from YouTube and a few other sites
- Gives a graphical error notification in the event of a problem
- Has an installer/uninstaller for Linux systems as well as Windows
- Can be ran without installing
- Tarball version will run on all supported systems, no digging for the right executable for your OS
- Displays a terminal with the output of youtube-dl in the background so that if something out of the ordinary happens, the output of youtube-dl is visible instead of being hidden so you can diagnose what happened yourself.
Unix Shell, Python
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/youtube-dl-gtk/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.