This is the Windows app named ZAPH whose latest release can be downloaded as TextToHuff_0_0_2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ZAPH with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
This is an exercise in some advance programming topics using a text adventure as the central result. This originally began as a project to recreate an old BASIC text adventure, on the ZX Spectrum, using Z80. After developing a very simple byte code VM to handle the game interactions, I realised that there was an opportunity to use some more advance techniques, which in turn can lead to some PC based tools.
- Bytecode VM
- Huffman coding
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/zaph/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.