This is the Linux app named baseimage-docker whose latest release can be downloaded as focal-1.0.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named baseimage-docker with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Learn the right way to build your Dockerfile. You learned about Docker. It's awesome and you're excited. You go and create a Dockerfile. Cool, it seems to work. Pretty easy, right? Not so fast. You just built a container which contains a minimal operating system, and which only runs your app. But the operating system inside the container is not configured correctly. A proper Unix system should run all kinds of important system services. You're not running them, you're only running your app. When your Docker container starts, only the CMD command is run. The only processes that will be running inside the container is the CMD command, and all processes that it spawns. That's why all kinds of important system services are not run automatically, you have to run them yourself. Solving all the aforementioned problems is a huge pain. I'm sure you have better things to do than to worry about them. That's where baseimage-docker jumps in.
- Modifications for Docker-friendliness
- Administration tools that are especially useful in the context of Docker
- Mechanisms for easily running multiple processes, without violating the Docker philosophy
- You can use it as a base for your own Docker images
- It reduces the time needed to write a correct Dockerfile
- It reduces download time during redeploys
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/baseimage-docker.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.