OnWorks Ubuntu Studio online is a variant of Ubuntu aimed at the GNU/Linux audio, video and graphic enthusiast as well as professional. The distribution provides a collection of open-source applications available for multimedia creation.
Ubuntu Studio online makes available some of the most popular and recently updated audio software in the Linux world:
- JACK, Jack is a low latency capable audio and midi server, designed for pro audio use. It enables all Jack capable applications to connect to each other.
- Ardour, Ardour is a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW), suitable for recording, mixing and mastering. Some of its features include: Ardour Unlimited audio tracks and buses Non-destructive, non-linear editing with unlimited undo Anything-to-anywhere signal routing Unlimited pre- and post-fader plugins 32 bit floating point audio path Automatic track delay compensation Sample accurate automation Standard file formats (BWF, WAV, WAV64, AIFF, CAF & more …)
- Sequencers and Synthesizers: Audacity – Audio Wave Editor; Qtractor – midi capable DAW;Hydrogen – Drum machine / Sequencer; Yoshimi – Software Synthesizer
- Virtual Guitar Amps Rakarrack (preinstalled) and Guitarix are two popular guitar amp simulators.
- Blender, a full fledged 3D content creation suite. You can create 3D models and animate scenes. Blender also has its’ own game engine and is vastly expandable with addons. 3D Solids and character modeling Scene animation Physics and particle functions
- Inkscape, a superb vector graphics editor, with capabilities similar to Illustrator, CorelDraw, or Xara X, using the W3C standard Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) file format.
- GIMP, Gnu Image Manipulation Program, and is a similar to Photoshop.
- Openshot, a simple video editor for Linux. Add videos, photos and music to create DVD’s, youtube clips and a range of other formats.
- DVDStyler to create custom, professional looking DVD’s. User-friendly interface with support of drag & drop Multiple subtitles and audio tracks Design your own DVD menu or select a template Create a photo slide show support of AVI, MOV, MP4, MPEG, OGG, WMV and other file formats support of MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, Xvid, MP2, MP3, AC-3 and other audio and video formats
- Darktable, a photography workflow application and RAW developer. A virtual lighttable and darkroom for photographers. It manages your digital negatives in a database, lets you view them through a zoomable lighttable and enables you to develop raw images and enhance them.
- Shotwell to organize your library of photos. Import multiple formats Edit tags Convert formats Simple editing on the fly.