This is the Linux app named AviTab whose latest release can be downloaded as AviTab0.4.8.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named AviTab with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
AviTab is a plugin for the X-Plane flight simulator. It displays a tablet-like computer with a few apps in the cockpit. It is mainly used for flying in virtual reality. When flying in a simulator, one often needs to look up details in PDF charts, plane manuals, checklists or other documents. Using a PDF reader breaks the immersion because the virtual aviator either has to take off of their HMD or use other tools that can move windows into VR. AviTab tries to solve this problem by offering a PDF reader inside a native plugin for X-Plane. Using a plugin also opens possibilities for more apps inside the tablet, for example, to display information about the plane status or aid in navigation. When hovering over the edges of the tablet from a short distance, X-Plane will display green bars around the tablet. The upper bar can be used to grab the window and move it around inside the cockpit.
- Plugin for the X-Plane flight simulator
- It displays a tablet like computer with a few apps in the cockpit
- Mainly used for flying in virtual reality
- Offers a PDF reader inside a native plugin for X-Plane
- The charts viewer displays PDF files inside the charts/ subdirectory of the plugin/ directoy
- Windows, Linux, and macOS are supported
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/avitab.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.