This is the Linux app named Concurrent Object-Oriented Language whose latest release can be downloaded as COOL.v753.src.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Concurrent Object-Oriented Language with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Concurrent Object-Oriented Language
COOL is an object oriented programming language specialized for concurrent software development.
Language syntax is similar to C++/C# and Java. For proper documentation please read the diploma thesis (Only available in german yet).
Some of the goals to achieve:
- Embedding some design-patterns on language level (singleton, state-pattern)
- Implementation of a back-end for byte-code generation
- Extending the compiler with an optimization phase for optimizing byte-code
- Optimizing the interpreter to improve runtime performace.
- Implementation of a Hotspot-Compiler for translating byte-code to x86 machine-code for native execution.
- Overall optimizations of the runtime library.
- Windows 7 or above (32/64 bit)
- x86 processor architecture
COOL is designed and developed by Christian Weis since 2006. Development haltet as of 06/2015 indefinitely.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cool-project/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.