This is the Linux app named Crunch whose latest release can be downloaded as v4.0.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Crunch with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Crunch is an image compression tool for lossy PNG image file optimization. Using a combination of selective bit depth, color palette reduction and color type, as well as zopfli DEFLATE compression algorithm encoding that employs the pngquant and zopflipng PNG optimization tools, Crunch is effectively able to optimize and compress images with minimal decrease in image quality. While it may produce file size gains larger than those produced by lossless approaches, the impact on image quality is often imperceptible, and optimized file sizes are still significantly lower than the original.
- Aggressive space-saving optimization, with minimal loss of image quality
- Cross-platform (through crunch executable that supports parallel PNG image optimization on *nix platforms)
- Available through Crunch GUI, a native drag and drop GUI tool for macOS
- Available through Crunch Image(s), a right-click menu service for macOS
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/crunch.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.