This is the Linux app named dhcp-gen whose latest release can be downloaded as dhcp-gen_v1.3.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named dhcp-gen with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
dhcp-gen is a perl script that was written by me and Trond Erik Dalho to simplify editing dhcpd.conf for adding static ip to computers and equipment on our school. It also made it easier to do manage the network by limiting some computers access to the local network only. Creating closed networks. And it also worked as a database over all our computers and equipment, making it easier to keep track of everything.
All information about equipment is stored inside csv files which are comma separated.
- Easily manage setting static ip on Equipment
- Generate ready to use dhcpd.conf based on device information stored in csv files
- Generate static ip addresses for all equipment stored in csv files
- Count the number of equipment that is listed in the groups csv files
- Write csv_reports showing all the current info about the devices (generated static ip included)
- Simplify dhcpd.conf editing on unix servers
- Can be added to crontab to be run as a scheduled update of dhcpd.conf
Non-Profit Organizations, Information Technology, Education, System Administrators, Management
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/dhcp-gen/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.