This is the Linux app named DJDarwin whose latest release can be downloaded as DJDarwin.7z. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named DJDarwin with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
The program puts beats through evolution - survival, mutations, reproduction. The purpose, in the words of Africa Bambaataa - Looking for the perfect beat.
Using a genetic algorithmic framework, the user's taste defines a Beat fitness function - she decides which beats survive and breed, and which join the choir invisible.
In addition, the user can easily define an automatic fitness function, put the program on 'autopilot' mode, and let it speed up evolution.
Different types of mutations (including inactive genes, changing instruments, and more) occur randomly (or at the user's control), and the user can add her own beats to the population.
The program was written by Nir Rosenfeld and Assaf Michaely.
Science/Research, Education, Developers, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/djdarwin/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.