This is the Linux app named FractalNow whose latest release can be downloaded as fractalnow-0.8.2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named FractalNow with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
FractalNow provides users with tools to generate pictures of various types of fractals quickly and easily.
It is made of both a command line tool, FractalNow, and a graphical tool, QFractalNow.
The graphical tool, based on Qt library, allows users to explore fractals intuitively and generate pictures.
Both tools are entirely multi-threaded and implement advanced algorithms and heuristics that make computation very fast compared to most existing free fractal generators.
- Intuitive graphical user-interface (QFractalNow) to explore fractal space easily
- A command-line tool (FractalNow) that can work on machines without a desktop, and could be used by scripts to produce animations
- Several formulas available (Mandelbrot, Julia, Multibrot, Mandelbar, Burning ship, Rudy, and more...)
- Various types of coloring available (Iteration counts, Average coloring methods)
- Multiple anti-aliasing methods (Gaussian blur, Oversampling, Adaptive (intelligent)) to produce high quality images
- Advanced algorithms and heuristics to speed up computation (Solid guessing, Adaptive anti-aliasing, Caching)
- Entirely multi-threaded to work even faster on multi-core processors
- Ability to save/load configuration and gradient files
- Support of arbitrary precision floating point numbers
Science/Research, Education, End Users/Desktop
Console/Terminal, Command-line, Qt
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/fractalnow/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.