This is the Linux app named gmorgan whose latest release can be downloaded as gmorgan-0.79.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named gmorgan with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Gmorgan is a midi processor. It can be voiced using Linux synths, midi connected equipment, or a soundcard. It is best to use a velocity sensing midi keyboard so that the first 4 voices can be mixed or layered. Demo at Youtube: http://youtu.be/3uIRq6M1tCs
For GNU/Linux users, the latest file is .79.
GMorgan .79 runs well on Ubuntu and most Linux/GNU distributions.
Although it is included in the tarball, you can download .75 pdf documentation from the files section here.
This revision incorporates a new drum pattern
panel based on the FLTK spreadsheet example.
There is also some miscellaneous cleanup.
If you have tried it before, be sure to go
to Settings->global, renew the file
paths to the current gmorgan directory, and
save them. The sound file has been slightly reformated, so results could be unpredictable if you don't do this.
Try the play along at http://www.seconnecticut.com/GmorganPlayalong.htm
- .79 is the latest Linux version. For best results on Linux, compile this version yourself, it should be easy. I think this should be added to Debian and related distributions, but for some reason they have dclined to add it. If you can suggest a way to accomplish that please let me know.
- Demo on Youtube: http://youtu.be/3uIRq6M1tCs
- Sample from .50 at http://www.seconnecticut.com/playgmorgan.htm
- Use version .79 for GNU/Linux. Only the tarball is up to date, not svn or cvs.
- .57 sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sguIcAJ4h_U&feature=youtu.be
- Try the Play Along of v.58 at http://www.seconnecticut.com/GmorganPlayalong.htm
- It needs no less than fltk 1.3 and alsa headers
X Window System (X11), Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/gmorgan/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.