This is the Linux app named HSRA whose latest release can be downloaded as HSRA-v1.1.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named HSRA with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
HSRA is a MapReduce-based parallel tool for mapping reads from RNA sequencing (RNA-seq) experiments. RNA-seq analyses typically begin by mapping reads to a reference genome in order to determine the location from which the reads were originated, which is a very time-consuming step. This tool allows bioinformatics researchers to efficiently distribute their mapping tasks over the nodes of a cluster by combining a fast multithreaded spliced aligner (HISAT2) with Apache Hadoop, which is a distributed computing framework for scalable Big Data processing.
HSRA currently supports single-end and paired-end read alignments from FASTQ/FASTA datasets. Moreover, our tool uses the Hadoop Sequence Parser (HSP) library (link above) to efficiently read the input datasets stored on the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), being able to process datasets compressed with Gzip and BZip2 codecs.
Information Technology, Healthcare Industry, Science/Research
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/hsra/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.