This is the Linux app named illness index to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as illness_index_2019_08.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named illness index to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
illness index to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTIONA computer scientist has attempted to program a textbook of British general practice (primary care) medicine, that is, Hodgkin K (1978) "Towards Earlier Diagnosis....", 4th Edition, Churchill Livingstone.
If a patient types presenting findings (such as headache, cough), the program prompts the user for expansion/denial of appropriate findings, in order to construct a list of patient findings. The program also calculates a list of likely diseases, which the user can use the web to find out more about.
The program has about 600 diseases and 1000 findings.
Keywords - disease, health, healthcare, illnesses, illnessindex, illness_index.
- Patient mode - the user chooses findings - symptoms/signs - and the computer prompts for other appropriate findings and then provides a list of possible diseases.
- Student mode - the program constructs a "paper patient", and the user chooses questions to ask the computer and then suggests a list of possible diseases. The computer comments.
- Demonstration mode - the computer carries out both tasks (1) and (2), so that the user can simply watch the work up.
- Future work. More diseases need adding. The file med.pl needs reviewing or rewriting by a medical doctor. The program needs a much better user interface.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/illnessindex/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.