This is the Linux app named Informatica DBMetadata whose latest release can be downloaded as dbmetadata.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Informatica DBMetadata with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Dbmetadata is a Java utility that reads the metadata from table(s) in a specified database and creates the Informatica XML to import into the repository. I created this utility when we were migrating to a new platform and needed a quick way to create flatfile and relational sources and targets that matched the DDL of the table. I also needed to use shortcuts. If you use the import table list, it will create one XML file with all of the tables and shortcuts (if a shortcut folder is specified) for the requested output type and database/file type.
- Bulk creation of Informatica sources and targets using import file
- Ability to creat shortcuts at creation
- Platform independent.
- Import from JDBC databases and ODBC
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/infadbmetadata/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.