This is the Linux app named metawatt whose latest release can be downloaded as MetaWatt-3.5.3.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named metawatt with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
The Metawatt binner is a graphical binning tool that makes use of multivariate statistics of tetranucleotide frequencies and differential coverage based binning. It also performs taxonomic assessment of binning quality (via diamond BLASTx). Created bins can be edited and exported as fasta. The Metawatt is implemented in Java SWING and minimally depends on Diamond, HMMer3.1, BBMap, Prodigal and the Batik library for the export of SVG graphics.
Citation: Strous M, Kraft B, Bisdorf R, TegetMeyer H (2012) The binning of metagenomic contigs for microbial physiology of mixed cultures. Frontiers in Microbial Physiology and Metabolism 3:410. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2012.00410
- Combined tetranucleotide and differential coverage binning of metagenomic contigs
- Graphical user interface for data exploration
- Taxonomic Profiling of Bins with Diamond blastp
- Detection of Conserved Single Copy Genes
- Phylogenetic Treeing of bins based on conserved genes
- Interactive GC/coverage or coverage/coverage plots
- Also runs fully automatically on the command line
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/metawatt/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.