This is the Linux app named OpenFileAid whose latest release can be downloaded as openfileaid_alpha_0.007.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named OpenFileAid with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
OpenFileAid is aimed to help people working with COBOL Copybooks and flat files, such as the orginal IBM FileAid. It allows to parse and load CopyBooks, to map the content of flat files to the fields of CopyBooks, to Intitialize CopyBooks...
- Parsing and loading COBOL CopyBooks
- Mapping COBOL CopyBooks to COBOL flat files
- Translating COBOL CopyBooks to XML descriptions
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/openfileaid/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.