This is the Linux app named PAS2PHP whose latest release can be downloaded as pas2php0.9.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named PAS2PHP with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
PAS2PHP will translate a large subset of Object Pascal to PHP, allowing you to write web applications using Lazarus/FreePascal, and then run the application on a standard HTML/PHP server.
Over the last week, a lot of work has gone into PAS2PHP. Most of the major issues are resolved. There are still a number of incompatibilities which are either not fixable, or have simple workarounds. As of v0.5, you should be able to write entire PHP applications in Pascal. The key to coding for PAS2PHP is to understand the limitations of PHP. Read the example code provided, and always check the outputed PHP code to understand how this works.
As a guide to what PAS2PHP can achieve... my web site is written in Pascal, and then converted to PHP. (The code is in the source package). PAS2PHP uses the Pascal Parse Tree Classes (PasTree) which comes with FreePascal, and therefore the parsing limits are defined by this library.
- PHP from Pascal Source
Pascal, PHP, Free Pascal
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pas2php/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.