This is the Linux app named pyBlocks to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as pyblocks_a5.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named pyBlocks to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
pyBlocks to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:A simple blocks game made with python and pygame. Licensed under GPLv3. Used python 2.6.4 and pygame 1.9.1 for development. Tested on Linux and Win XP.
Update 2013: I'm sorry that the development for this game stopped. I tried to render everything with OpenGL and as expected, found myself in the middle of a multitude of problems relating to it. The blocks look a lot cooler in 3d though, so I hope I'll manage to resume studying what went wrong and eventually fix it. If I had a Windows machine to do development on, I might try to rewrite everything in Unity, but until they make a Linux dev platform, I think I'll remain with pygame and pyOpenGL.
- A game of falling blocks, three or more of the same color in a row will destroy them.
- Supports custom tilesets, see instructions in the blocks.cfg file. Three tilesets included in the release package.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pyblocks/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.