This is the Linux app named Radiance whose latest release can be downloaded as radiance-5.2.dd0f8e38a7-Windows.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Radiance with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Radiance is a free, highly accurate ray-tracing software system for UNIX computers. It is a suite of programs designed for the analysis and visualization of lighting in design.
Radiance is superior to simpler lighting calculation and rendering tools in that there are no limitations on the geometry or the materials that may be simulated. Scene geometry, materials, luminaires, time, date and sky conditions (for daylight calculations) are specified; spectral radiance (ie. luminance + color), irradiance (illuminance + color) and glare indices are calculated. Simulation results may be displayed as color images, numerical values and contour plots.
Radiance is useful for architects and engineers in predicting illumination, visual quality and appearance of innovative design spaces; and for researchers in evaluating new lighting and daylighting technologies.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/radiance.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.