This is the Linux app named RetroGear to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as retrogear_latest_src.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named RetroGear to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
RetroGear to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:RetroGear is a generic 2D game engine, designed for the simple and fast retro games development, like those of the 80s. The project aims to create generic components for rapid development of 2D games, based on the most common practices of game programming and design known, giving in the hands of the programmer, standard components and easy to integrate with their own projects.
Some of the features offered by this game engine are:
A basic but pratical game states management (screen titles, pre-game, game, game over, etc ...)
Management of 2D maps, with practical and useful tools for managing graphics, scrolling and collisions.
Functions for handling graphics at high and low level, with the addition of functionality to the management of animations of the game entities, in a fully automatic manner.
Management of basic audio
Scope of game dynamics and designed to be used in a variety of game types, so easy and fast, thanks to the dedicated functionality.
- 2D tile map editor
- Entity management system
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/retrogear/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.