This is the Linux app named Rust-Lightning whose latest release can be downloaded as v0.0.116.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Rust-Lightning with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Rust-Lightning is a Bitcoin Lightning library written in Rust. The main crate, lightning, does not handle networking, persistence, or any other I/O. Thus, it is runtime-agnostic, but users must implement basic networking logic, chain interactions, and disk storage. The project implements all of the BOLT specifications in the 1.0 spec. The implementation has pretty good test coverage that is expected to continue to improve. It is also anticipated that as developers begin using the API, the lessons from that will result in changes to the API, so any developer using this API at this stage should be prepared to embrace that. LDK/Rust-Lightning is a generic library which allows you to build a lightning node without needing to worry about getting all of the lightning state machine, routing, and on-chain punishment code (and other chain interactions) exactly correct. Note that Rust-Lightning isn't, in itself, a node.
- You can store the channel state any way you want
- We provide a simple block_connected/block_disconnected API which you provide block headers and transaction information to
- RL/LDK owns on-chain funds as long as they are claimable as a part of a lightning output which can be contested
- We also provide an API for getting information about transactions we wish to be informed of
- The goal is to provide a full-featured but also incredibly flexible lightning implementation
- For security reasons, do not add new dependencies
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/rust-lightning.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.