This is the Linux app named SNEZ whose latest release can be downloaded as SNEZ-4.0.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SNEZ with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
SNĒZ is a web interface to the popular open source IDS programs SNORT® and Suricata. IDS output can be unified2 or JSON formats.
The main design feature of SNĒZ is the ability to filter alerts based on criteria set by, and documented by, a security analyst. Alerts are viewed and summarized in different ways, filtered, and documented until ideally no alerts remain. At any time, filters can be suppressed so that all collected alerts can be analyzed for patterns, forensics, etc.
Filters can also be used to hide noisy alerts without deleting them or suppressing them at the IDS. An effective strategy for dealing with noisy alerts can be achieved by combining alert thresholding at the IDS and filtering in SNEZ.
SNORT® is a registered trademark of Sourcefire, Inc. All rights reserved.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/snez/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.