This is the Linux app named snmpAdaptor4j whose latest release can be downloaded as snmpAdaptor4j-1.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named snmpAdaptor4j with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
snmpAdaptor4j is an adaptor for Java Management eXtensions (JMX) providing a simple access to MBeans via the SNMP protocol. Thus, this adapter you allow to connect most monitoring tools (like Nagios and Cacti) to your Java applications.
For each MBean, an XML mapping file allows to establish the relationships between attributes and the MIB of the SNMP adapter. No additional code is necessary to integrate the MBeans in the SNMP protocol.
This adapter can work in a multi-applications environment (such as application servers).
- SNMP daemon with a customized MIB
- Relations between OIDs and MBean attributes are established by XML mapping files
- since v1.1: SNMP traps sending to each broadcasting of JMX notifications
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/snmpadaptor4j/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.