This is the Linux app named STE - Simple Text Editor whose latest release can be downloaded as STE_prealpha1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named STE - Simple Text Editor with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
STE - Simple Text Editor
STE is meant to be a simple text editor, as the Windows Notepad, but "on steroid", that's to say it has to be richer in functionalities than the other text editors.
At the moment, it's very poor. I need help in developing functionalities such as syntax highlighting (referred to many programming language syntaxes) and every logic thing one can think. So feel free to download the source, try and develop for yourself and, if you want, share your progresses with me and be inserted inside the "development team" and help me with the development of the application.
- Simple text editing
- Regual expression database, to save parts of the text
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/simpletxted/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.