This is the Linux app named URL Shortener for ASP.NET whose latest release can be downloaded as shorturl-dotnet.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named URL Shortener for ASP.NET with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
URL Shortener for ASP.NET
DESCRIPTIONA URL shorterner for ASP.NET / C# that works in the same way as TinyURL and bit.ly. Implemented as a ASPX page (for redirecting shortened URLs to their destination) and a Web Service (to be used as an API for creating / retrieving shortened URLs).
- API for creating and retrieving short URLs (just like bit.ly and tinyurl)
- Default page to allow visitors to create their own short URLs
- Supports both SQL Server and MySQL
- Instructions for both IIS and ISAPIRewrite
- [Coming soon] semi-private URLs
- [Coming soon] user-definable URLs
- [Coming soon] IIS7 documentation
MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/shorturl-dotnet/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.