This is the Linux app named Zabbix-HDD whose latest release can be downloaded as Zabbix_HDD-2017-11-24.tar.bz2. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Zabbix-HDD with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
This extension uses not only smartctl (smartmontools) but other available tools to determine the existance of an HDD and as much as possible of its status (possibly including temperature).
As a Zabbix "auto-discovery" process, these results can reflect changes in available HDD in near-to-real-time.
- Assists with HDD health maintenance and monitoring where health is a combination of: a) does device exist; b) does smartctl have anything useful to say about it; c) are there possible special storage system issues; d) possibly other system status related commands; it should be noted that not all HDD have full smartctl data pages and some have none.
- Works with internal and external/attached HDDs
- Can be modified for remote/commercial storage systems
- An Experimental directory will contain initial (and incomplete) work done with multipath environments
- Included definitions for error triggers and status values can be changed as needed
- iSCSI HDD detection and status reporting has been added
- Monitored data displayed can be limited to any one of the HDD "applications", or all of them only (using just "HDD" filter)
- Support for ZFS pools has been added
- Multiple Levels of Status are tracked: 5 for general HDD; 5 for iSCSI; 4 for ZFS
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/zabbix-hdd/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.