This is the Windows app named BeepComp whose latest release can be downloaded as BeepComp_v0-2-2_mac.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named BeepComp with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Compose chiptunes with text files!
And make mp3 and wav files of your songs to share with the world :)
The audio synthesizer engine comes with 10 channels (9 music + 1 drum). The retro "beep" sounds reminiscent of old video game consoles and vintage PCs will take you back to the 8-bit era.
You can shape your sound with waveforms - square, sawtooth etc. - and add LFO, delay and volume envelopes. Enjoy the 80's-ish synth drums, also!
What your music composition will look like:
(Similar to MML)
Your First Tutorial:
- Text editor
- Easy MML-inspired syntax
- 9 music and 1 drum channels
- Effects (delay, LFO, envelope etc.)
- Export to mp3, wav, ogg files
- Coping + pasting to/from outside text
- Waveform selection (sine, square, sawtooth, triangle etc.)
Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/beepcomp/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.