This is the Windows app named Cloud Torrent whose latest release can be downloaded as cloud-torrent_windows_amd64.exe.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Cloud Torrent with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Cloud torrent is a a self-hosted remote torrent client, written in Go (golang). You start torrents remotely, which are downloaded as sets of files on the local disk of the server, which are then retrievable or streamable via HTTP. Go is required to install from source. The provided set of core features requires large structural changes and therefore requires a complete rewrite for best results. This rewrite is in progress in the 0.9 branch though it will take quite some time. It will be capable of transfering files from and source file-system to any destination file-system. A torrent can be viewed a folder with files, just like your local disk, and Dropbox. As long as it has a concept of files and folders, it could potentially be a cloud-torrent file-system backend. During a file tranfer, one could apply different transforms against the byte stream for various effect.
- Cross platform
- Single binary
- Embedded torrent search
- Real-time updates
- Fast content server
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloud-torrent.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.