This is the Windows app named compiler manifest wrapper whose latest release can be downloaded as compiler-wrapper.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named compiler manifest wrapper with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
compiler manifest wrapper
this is a compiler wrapper made to wrap
- borland c++ 5.5.1 (no longer available, *bc*)
- DJGPP (gp.cmd,older gp.bat,*gp*)
- mingw and mingw-w64 compilers (install-compilers.cmd, zap*, *gw2*)
- mingw-w64 vityan compiler batch files for ubuntu natty and freebsd (*gwix*) are packaged with set just above. currently, you still have to specify exe or dll even there is no extension of linux binaries. it is not setup yet for .so files. I will need to do something for those.
These are distributed as separate zip files, and are updated and upgraded whenever I see a bug, or need a feature.
Help on is --help
They are meant to be run under windows.
gw.cmd, bc2.cmd, gp.cmd, gwix.cmd are your compiler wrapper batch files you will be using.
gw2.cmd and bc2.cmd and gwix.cmd generate both 32 and 64-bit executables in a 32\ and 64\ directory automatically and copy the minimum DLL's needed.
you must edit some of the batch files to configure them for your environment.
- batch file for creating ubuntu and freebsd files with mingw-w64 vityan compilers from x64 windows
- bc2.cmd and gw2.cmd batch files generate both 32 and 64-bit exe's in one run
- gw2.cmd, gw2.cmd, bc2.cmd all generate a manifest for running your generated exe on windows vista/7/8+ if you want one, for DLL's, OCX's or EXE's, through -manifest, -assyver, -assyname, -os
- support for pthreads, -windows, -l, -D, -u and a number of other switches (see --help)
- choice of 2 kinds of manifest, generic "-os 9x+" boilerplate manifest you can't change, and "-os vista+" manifest that works on vista and above which has many more features, can specify autoload dependencies, etc.
- unsure if the .cmd files work on WINE (would appreciate knowing).
- gw2.cmd and gw.cmd copy the required DLL's in the 32 and 64 directories in the case of gw2.cmd and in the case of gw.cmd, into the current dir
- gp.cmd, gp.bat takeover the hard work of making a usable, monolithic, stubified DPMI'd executable. requires csdpmi07.zip from ftp://ftp.delorie.com, and even automatically strips out debug symbols with -s (you can remove that if you wish to use gdb - I find that gdb doesn't work)
- compiles with warnings on full blast, and the gcc compilers with -v -save-temps in case of compiler bug (I have found some)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/compilerwrapper/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.