This is the Windows app named Converge whose latest release can be downloaded as converge-1.2.0-B2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Converge with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Converge is an editorial content management system for small and medium-size media houses who need to manage content and workflow for multiple outlets and re-publish it on multiple platforms (e.g. Websites, Mobile, Newsletters).
- Planning and assignments - Editors can plan and assign news stories to journalists and photographers. With the planning feature, the editor can get a complete overview of what, where and when stories will be published.
- Archive and search engine - All produced news stories are archived for later retrieval. It is also possible to import existing archives of images, videos, and audio clips. All items are indexed and easily available through the built-in search engine.
- Automated publishing - Jobs can be setup to automatically publish news stories on the web, mobile or SMS via plug-ins. Plug-ins can be programmed for third party systems. A plug-in for publishing to the Joomla! Content Management System is provided out-of-the-box.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/convergeecms/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.