This is the Windows app named Dice Simulator whose latest release can be downloaded as DiceSim1.21.rar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Dice Simulator with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Small simulator for checking typical dice probabilites for boardgaming/wargaming (during Vassal pbem games for example).
Pre-configured tabs for the boardgame "Here I Stand" from GMT Games, but easily useable for other boardgames as well.
The newest version also includes prediction of CRT combat (Paths of Glory, Illusions of Glory, Pursuit of Glory CRTs included). You can add your own single-dice CRTs for any game.
Most features use a Monte Carlo simulation, but a few are calculated (like CRTs).
If you want to predict dice results in an easy to use manner, check it out!
PS: If you happen to add CRTs of other games , please consider sending me the crts.txt file, so I can share the CRTs here.
New version 03/05/2021.
- Cosmetic fixes
- Added Draw Cards
-Added CRTs for one-dice CRTs (includes Paths of Glory, Illusions of Glory, Pursuit of Glory CRTS. You can add your own.)
- Freely choosen dice - use standard D6 or any number of sides
- Includes possible Die Roll Modifiers (DRM)
- Counts average number of hits (e.g. amount of 5's and 6's) in a given dice roll
- Counts hits in two competing sets of dice and probabilites of winning set (having more hits than the other set)
- Probabilites of dice sum reaching a certain target number (e.g. 2D6 > 9)
- Higher sum of two competing dice sets (e.g. "What are the chances of the sum of 3D6 being higher than the sum of 4D6 with -3 DRM?")
- Probabilites of highest number in a given dice set (e.g. "How likely is it that the highest number is a 4?")
- Two competing sets of dices for highest number (e.g. "How likely is it that my 2D6 with +1 roll a higher highest number than 6D6?")"
- Odds of card draws
- CRT support (of Glory series included, you can add your own CRTs)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/dice-simulator/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.