This is the Windows app named docx2txt whose latest release can be downloaded as docx2txt-1.4.tgz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named docx2txt with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Docx2txt is a Perl based command-line utility to convert (even corrupted) Microsoft docx documents to reasonably formatted text files, along with appropriate character conversions. Apart from Perl it also requires a command line unzipping program like unzip/7z/pkzipc/wzunzip.
- Consists of (core) Perl and (wrapper) Unix/Windows shell scripts and a configuration file, with provision for maintaining separate system-wide configuration file and individual user-level configuration files.
- Perl script also works with input/output redirection, and is useful in viewing docx file content directly with editors like vim, emacs, and file browsers like mc (midnight commander).
- Can recover text from damaged docx documents in many cases.
- Short line justifications, showing hyperlink and many character conversions (missing in MS text conversion).
- Handles (bullet, decimal, letter, roman) lists along with indentation.
- Installation via Makefiles and Windows batch file. On non-Windows systems scripts and configuration file can be installed in separate directories.
- Can conveniently be used to build a web based docx document conversion service.
Perl, Unix Shell
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/docx2txt/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.