This is the Windows app named Hexen II: Hammer of Thyrion to run in Windows online over Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as hexen2source-1.5.9.tgz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Hexen II: Hammer of Thyrion to run in Windows online over Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Hexen II: Hammer of Thyrion to run in Windows online over Linux online
DESCRIPTION:Hammer of Thyrion (uHexen2) is a cross-platform port of Raven Software's Hexen II source. It is based on an older linux port, Anvil of Thyrion. HoT includes countless bug fixes, improved music, sound and video modes, opengl improvements, support for many operating systems and architectures, and documentation among many others.
- Support for Hexen II, Hexen II demo, Portal of Praevus mission pack and HexenWorld.
- Supported operating systems / platforms: Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, Windows, AROS, MorphOS, DOS, and OS/2.
- Well tested on both 32 bit and 64 bit platforms. Well tested on both little endian and big endian platforms.
- Improved sound support. Support for OGG, MP3, Opus and WAV external music files to be played instead of the original MIDI files.
- Widescreen FOV (field of view) support and automatic Hor+ FOV scaling in both opengl and software renderer.
- In-game resolution changing for both opengl and software renderers.
- OpenGL enhancements including anisotropic texture filtering, multitexturing, glow effects, text and hud size changing on the fly, colored lights, external lit files, etc.
- Fullscreen intermissions and help dialogs.
- Fully network-compatible with Raven's 1.11 windows version as well as with other Hexen II ports.
- Can load and play games saved with Raven's 1.11 windows version.
- The same binary handles both original hexen2 and the mission pack.
- The same hexen2 binary transparently handles all v1.03-v1.11 (hexen2) and v1.12 (mission pack) style progs.dat files.
- The same binary transparently handles progs.dat files of both v6 and v7 specs.
- The same binary transparently handles all v0.11, v0.14 and v0.15 style hexenworld progs.dat files.
- Improvements and lots of fixes to the HexenC game code.
- Countless bug fixes, security fixes and other improvements.
Developers, End Users/Desktop
OpenGL, Project is a 3D engine, SDL
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/uhexen2/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.