This is the Windows app named iisnode whose latest release can be downloaded as iisnode-core-v0.2.21-x64.msi. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named iisnode with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
iisnode is a native IIS module that allows hosting of node.js applications in IIS on Windows. It comes with a lot of benefits, including process management, scalability on multi-core servers, integrated debugging and many more.
Prerequisites for using iisnode are Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Server 2012;
IIS 7.x with IIS Management Tools and ASP.NET; WebSocket functionality requires IIS 8.x on Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012; URL rewrite module for IIS; and the latest node.js build for Windows.
- Takes care of lifetime management of node.exe processes making it simple to improve overall reliability
- Integrates with IIS in a way that allows a single web site to contain a variety of content types
- Scalability on multi-core servers
- Integrated debugging
- Access to logs over HTTP
- Minimal changes to node.js application code
- Integrated management experience
- Port sharing, security, URL rewriting, compression, caching, and logging
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/iisnode.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.