This is the Windows app named Minsky whose latest release can be downloaded as Minsky-2.30.0-win-dist.msi. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Minsky with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Minsky brings system dynamics and monetary modelling to economics. Models are defined using flowcharts on a drawing canvas (as are Matlab's Simulink, Vensim, Stella, etc). Minsky's unique feature is the "Godley Table", which uses double entry bookkeeping to generate stock-flow consistent models of financial flows.
Minsky is good for demonstrating mathematics too, with the most "math-like" interface in system dynamics.
Development of Minsky is being funded by Friends Provident Foundation. Updates will be posted regularly while this funding continues (see https://www.patreon.com/posts/friends-provides-30880108 for details).
Sign up to Minsky's Patreon page (for a minimum of $1 a month) at https://www.patreon.com/hpcoder/. This creates a user community, which SourceForge doesn't facilitate.
Full changes shown here: https://minsky.sourceforge.io/changelog.htm
- Graphical modelling environment similar to Vensim and Simulink
- Unique feature of Godley table for modelling financial flows
- Dynamic graphs embedded in canvas
- Change simulation parameters on the fly to explore effects of economic policy, etc.
- System ODE solver
- Export of system as XML, LaTeX, SVG
- Manual at http://www.profstevekeen.com/minsky/
Financial and Insurance Industry, Science/Research, Education
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/minsky/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.