This is the Windows app named OpenSearchServer search engine whose latest release can be downloaded as opensearchserver-1.5.14-d0d167e.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named OpenSearchServer search engine with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
OpenSearchServer search engine
OpenSearchServer is a powerful, enterprise-class, search engine program. Using the web user interface, the crawlers (web, file, database, etc.) and the client libraries (REST/API , Ruby, Rails, Node.js, PHP, Perl) you will be able to integrate quickly and easily advanced full-text search capabilities in your application: Full-text with basic semantic, join queries, boolean queries, facet and filter, document (PDF, Office, etc.) indexation, web scrapping,etc. OpenSearchServer runs on Windows and Linux/Unix/BSD.
- A crawler allows you to index the following: web pages; rich format documents from files on local and remote systems; and contents from any JDBC database, such as Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server,
- Full text analyzers and filters allowing indexing and searches in 16 languages: Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish.
- Multi-lingual analysers slice sentences into words, then run lemmatisation algorithms on words based on the document’s language (singular/plural, gender, conjugated verbs, etc.)
- HTML renderer allowing the integration of the search box in an HTML/XHTML page, working with PHP and .NET, client library and XML over HTTP API,
- Parsers allowing you to get content and metadata from most documents and formats, such as XML, HTML/XHTML, Adobe™ PDF, Microsoft™ Word™, PowerPoint™, OpenOffice™, RTF, Plain text, Torrent, Audio files (MP3/MP4, OGG, FLAC, WMA) etc.
- A series of caches to accelerate processes and deliver faster applications,
- Monitoring and administration: Alerting services, integrated scheduler, index replication, user management,
- Free online developers' documentation,
- Advanced functionality: faceted search, clustering, filters, snippets, synonyms, stopwords, highlighting, categorization, “find similar”, automatic thumbnail screenshot inclusion, boost/reduce relevance,
- Drupal module and WordPress module available.
- REST API, PHP, .NET and Ruby client
- RIA web interface built around the Zkoss (ZK) framework.
Information Technology, Telecommunications Industry, Advanced End Users, System Administrators, Developers, Engineering
C++, PHP, Visual Basic .NET, Java
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/opensearchserve/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.