This is the Windows app named P-VCD to run in Windows online over Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as p-vcd_0.4_win64.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named P-VCD to run in Windows online over Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
P-VCD to run in Windows online over Linux online
DESCRIPTION:Software for Video Copy Detection.
The software has been described in some scientific papers, e.g. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICME.2011.6012212 and http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11042-011-0915-x.
This software is the result of my PhD at the University of Chile and the participation at TRECVID Content-Based Copy Detection (CCD) evaluation task 2010 and 2011. More details in http://www-nlpir.nist.gov/projects/tv2011/tv2011.html#ccd and in http://www-nlpir.nist.gov/projects/tvpubs/tv11.papers/prisma.pdf
P-VCD has also been used at TRECVID tasks: Instance Search (INS) 2012-2013 and Multimedia Event Detection (MED) 2013.
This project is currently supported by ORAND S.A.Chile (http://www.orand.cl/) and is partially funded by Conicyt PAI-781204026.
Java Swing, Command-line
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/p-vcd/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.