This is the Windows app named Piggydb whose latest release can be downloaded as piggydb-standalone-7.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Piggydb with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Piggydb is a flexible and scalable knowledge building platform that supports a heuristic or bottom-up approach to discover new concepts or ideas based on your input. You can begin with using it as a flexible outliner, diary or notebook, and as your database grows, Piggydb helps you to shape or elaborate your own knowledge. Piggydb is a Web application provided as a self-contained package that contains a Web server and database engine.
With Piggydb, you can create highly structured content by connecting knowledge fragments to each other to build a network structure, which is more flexible and expressive than a tree structure. Fragments can also be classified using hierarchical tags.
- Note taking with Knowledge Fragments: the unit of information in Piggydb
- Text Fragments (with wiki formatting) / File Fragments
- Organizing your fragments in a flexible network structure
- Embedding a fragment into another fragment
- Tag as a first-class component (an integral part of knowledge; not a mere index)
- Hierarchical Tagging
- Smoothly integrated multi-user management (a user is a fragment tagged #user)
- Document View: browsing your organized content in printer-friendly format
- Full text search
- No installation needed: Just unzip downloaded archive and run the file
- Familiar web interface can be used as a standalone app on your computer
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/piggydb/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.