This is the Windows app named Science Olympiad Scoring System whose latest release can be downloaded as DivB2021-2022SOScoringSystemV20.xlsm. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Science Olympiad Scoring System with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
Science Olympiad Scoring System
This is an Excel based scoring system for use at Science Olympiad tournaments. Versions have been in use since 2002 at tournaments all over the country. It is free for non-commercial use and modification. Please submit any bug reports or feature requests by emailing the author at the address listed on the Startup page in the workbook.
Click on the green button above to download the current Div C version, or on the files link to get the Div B version (be sure to save to disk first, then open the files). There is also a version with test data pre-populated and numerous settings / errors to demonstrate the functionality of the program.
NOTE: Excel 2008 for Mac does NOT support macros at all, thus many parts of this system won't work. Virtually any other version of Office will work.
Be sure to signup for the mailing list to be informed of updates
Note a 'SO Scoring Best Practices' PDF is available to give tips and tricks used at the National Tournament.
- Self contained in 1 Excel workbook
- Individual scoring sheets for each event
- A master scoring report
- Automatic error checking, including tie detection and highlighting
- Ability to import data from spreadsheet provided by event supervisors
- Ability to generate reports ordered either by team number or rank for individual events and overall results
- Ability to output medal results for the awards ceremony as both a script for the presenter and a PPT presentation to display
- Customizable for tournament specific information such as team names, trial / pilot events
- Ability to dynamically 'remove' individual teams and events from scoring calculations
- Printable version of blank score sheets available for supervisors who want to use a paper copy
- Works with all recent versions of MS Excel except for Excel 2008 for Mac
Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/soscoring/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.