This is the Windows app named StarFishDAQ whose latest release can be downloaded as SfdqJavaApp-0.1.52-jar-with-dependencies.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named StarFishDAQ with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
The StarFishDAQ (or SFDQ for short) is a platform for developing MCU based hardware without having to start from scratch. It consists of hardware, firmware and software components.
The SFDQ allows those projects that would otherwise use an off-the-shelf DAQ, PLC or MCU SBC to start with a stack of hardware, firmware and software. This is hoped to allow more control, customization a future applicability without sinking a ton of effort.
There are two modes that SFDQ is expected to be used. One is simply to use the board as-is in proof-of-concent experiments and protoypes. Another is to customize the design by removing features that are unneeded for a project, adding new, specific features and ordering custom versions for a project. Either method should result in a faster, cheaper route to a more custom and professional outcome.
- Hardware based on STM32F446 MCU, firmware and Java application.
- Data logging
- Brushless motor control
- Generalized feedback and control
- Thermistor temperature measurement
- Custom scripting for testing
- Graphing of signals via PC software
- Extensible serial communication protocol
- Stepper motor control
- linear and cubic multi-axis trajectory control for feedback setpoints
- High power, filtered PWM outputs
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/starfishdaq/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.